Mrs Fatima Kaka, a member of the Bring Back Our Girls (BBOG) movement, has urged the Federal Government to hasten the process for the release of the remaining Chibok girls.
Kaka made the appeal on Monday in an interview in Abuja.
She also urged the government to hasten the release of other Nigerians kidnapped in the North East. The Presidency on Oct. 12 confirmed the release of 21 of 291 Chibok girls kidnapped by the Boko Haram terrorists on April 14, 2014.
Kaka said: “We don’t know the number of people in captivity; we just know that a lot of people are in captivity. “The number available to the public is not consistent; the government should double up its efforts for the release of abducted people in the North East.
“For the remaining 197 remaining Chibok girls, the government has to do everything possible and whatever it takes to get the girls,” Kaka said. She noted that the condition of the 21 girls so far released by the insurgents was not encouraging, adding, “the faster we recover everybody, the better.’’
Kaka, however, commended the federal government for its efforts in securing the release of some of the girls, saying that their release in batches was in order.
“When people are taken, another thing is the issue of negotiation; they have to come in batches; that is what happens all over the world.
“As long as they are coming out, we are okay, no matter the number at a time but let it just be fast- tracked,” said the the BBOG member.
She appealed to the government not to jeopardise the prospects of the abducted girls to excel in life.