BREAKING NEWS: Yaya Toure issues Manchester City apology

Next Story

Wike, Akpabio told judges to implicate Amaechi - Rivers APC

Yaya Toure has issued an apology to Manchester City for the public war of words he and his agent have engaged in with manager Pep Guardiola over recent weeks.

Image result for BREAKING NEWS: Yaya Toure issues Manchester City apology

The midfielder has been frozen out of action at the Etihad Stadium by the Catalan boss as a result, but released a statement on Friday in a bid to help melt the ice.

“I wish to apologise – on behalf of myself and those who represent me – to the management team and all those working at the club for the misunderstandings from the past,” Toure said.

READ Archive:   Coach Rohr pledges to build formidable Super Eagles

“Those statements do not represent my views on the club or the people who work there.

“I have nothing but respect for Manchester City and only wish the best for the football club.

“I am immensely proud to have played a part in the club’s history and want to help City succeed further. I live to play football and entertain the fans.

“On that note, I would like to thank all of the fans for their messages through this difficult period. This means a great deal to me and my family.”

READ Archive:   Man Utd set to offer fan favourite a new deal after winning over Mourinho

Toure has played only once for the Citizens under Guardiola, turning out as they eased through the second leg of a Champions League playoff against Steaua Bucharest in August.

He has been frozen out of the squad since then, with his manager insistant that he offered a public apology before he could feature again.

Now the 33-year-old has completed his part of the bargain, he will hope to be involved in City’s plans for their forthcoming fixtures.

READ Archive:   Mourinho charged AGAIN by FA

3 thoughts on “BREAKING NEWS: Yaya Toure issues Manchester City apology

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *