Claims about 19 vehicles part of ‘evil campaign’ against me – Ex-IGP Arase

Next Story

Arsene Wenger reveals how many points Arsenal need to win the Premier League title

It was gathered that the immediate past Inspector General of Police, Solomon Arase, has denied reports that 19 assorted vehicles belonging to the police were recovered from him.

Araseee-475x336

He said “some forces were bent on tarnishing” his image.

Mr. Arase had on July 18 denied claims by his successor, Ibrahim Idris, that he went away with 24 police vehicles.

“I suspect there must be a disconnect somewhere because every information needed by my successor are provided in my hand-over notes,” he said at the time.

“It’s unfortunate that this matter is being made a media issue because my successor has my telephone number and could have called me for any clarification or even sent me a text message rather than addressing the media on an issue well documented in my hand-over notes.”

His latest reaction followed a media report that 19 out of 24 vehicles he allegedly took away upon retirement had been recovered from him.

READ Archive:   Four dead as Golf car runs into trailer along Benin-Asaba expressway...See photos

In a statement issued on Monday, Mr. Arase said he would not hesitate to seek legal redress against “those desperate to tarnish his image”.

“It is embarrassing for me to wake up on Monday morning to be inundated with calls and messages on purported 19 vehicles recovered from me. I wish to reassure the general public that there was nothing like that,” the former IG said.

“Like I said in July, I did not take any police vehicle with me outside what I am entitled to, and so, there couldn’t have been any vehicle recovered from me. If there was any such, those behind this campaign of calumny should please make the number plates of the vehicles public and where they were recovered from.”

READ Archive:   Why FG cannot support Biafra agitation – Minister shares reasons

“Rather than dissipating so much energy on ‘project drag Arase down’, I urge those behind this evil campaign to face their official responsibility for which much is expected from them by the nation. I have done my bit and my own records bear me witness. Let those daily frightened by the shadow of Arase learn to face reality and stop chasing shadows so that they are not hunted by same,” the ex-police boss said.

READ Archive:   Edo Poll: PDP is dead, we will bury the party on Saturday – Oshiomhole

4 thoughts on “Claims about 19 vehicles part of ‘evil campaign’ against me – Ex-IGP Arase

  1. I believe you Mr Arase, the Aboki can not read clearly the handover note.
    And he can not even explain where and how he recoverd the cars and how many arrest they made in the process,

    Like (0)
    Dislike (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *