Compulsory leave order not meant to sack workers – Aregbesola

Next Story

FG approves N1bn for Abuja runway repair

According to reports, the Osun State government has debunked rumours that the current administration has concluded plans to tactically retrench workers through compulsory leave order given recently.

Aregbesola

According to a statement, the government said the order was necessary in view of the constitutional rights of every worker to benefit from leave yearly as enshrined in the civil service rules.

Governor Rauf Aregbesola, who debunked the rumour at the commissioning of a new secretariat complex of Iwo East Local Council Development Area (LCDA) donated by a prominent indigene, Chief Abiola Ogundokun, described workers in the state as the life-wire of socio-economic development, adding that on no account had his administration contemplated reducing the workforce.

READ Archive:   Sallah: Governor Bello releases N1.4bn to augment LGA salaries

He said the move was not meant to either hurt or dehumanise any worker but to strengthen the laid-down civil service rules in a bid to enhance greater productivity and effectiveness.

Aregbesola re-affirmed that in spite the effects of the current economic recession, the state under his watch would not for any reason depopulate the workforce.

According to him, the decision was reached having been informed of the accumulated leave of some of the top officials in the state civil service.

READ Archive:   CBN ‘orders’ banks to suspend payment of MTN dividends

He said the state had been working round the clock to fix the economy through diversification so as to further ensure stability in governance.

“It is disheartening that some people have become perpetual rumour peddlers. They never live by the truth but rather deriving pleasure from spreading propaganda and falsehood.

“As we all know, leave is a work-relief benefit for workers and it is expected of every worker that is due for it to do so.

“We are not sacking any worker under any pretence as being rumoured but rather enforcing the conventional rules and civil service principles,” he added.

READ Archive:   INEC to register voters in Ondo, Edo June 22-26

One thought on “Compulsory leave order not meant to sack workers – Aregbesola

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *