Edo guber: INEC denies allegation of ballot box snatching, gunshots

Next Story

Edo election: APC, INEC planning overnight rigging to overturn our victory – PDP

It was gathered that the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) has denied report of ballot box snatching and gunshots in some polling centres during the Edo governorship election on Wednesday.

INEC-box

Gov. Adams Oshiomhole had earlier said he received a report that some thugs allegedly snatched ballot boxes at Opoji in Esan North-East Local Government Area during the election.

Oshiomhole also alleged that the suspected snatchers shot sporadically before taking away the ballot boxes.

Mr Nick Dazang, INEC Deputy Director of Voter Education and Publicity, made the denial in an interview with the News Agency of Nigeria(NAN) on Wednesday.

READ Archive:   SEE rumoured list of Buhari's 30 ministers with portfolios

“I just called Mr Solomon Soyebi, who is the National Commissioner supervising the election and has denied the allegation of gunshots and ballot box snatching at Opoji in Esan North-East Local Government Area of the state,” Dazang said.

On the reported accident involving a youths corps member serving with INEC, Dazang said he had not heard “any such sad news”, but promised to get back to our Correspondent “if there is anything like that’’.

READ Archive:   Niger Delta youths warn EFCC over Patience Jonathan

4 thoughts on “Edo guber: INEC denies allegation of ballot box snatching, gunshots

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *