A family of five was on Wednesday found dead at Isale-Oyo community in Atiba Local Government of Area Oyo State.
Those confirmed to have died in circumstances described as mysterious were a husband, his junior wife, two children and a visiting uncle.
They died in the junior wife’s house.
The deceased husband’s junior wife was said to have bought the house when it was under construction.
The family members moved into the building on Tuesday ahead of moves to have a house warming on Wednesday.
Report said when the senior wife was contacted by the husband to join the party to the house warming, she declined.
The family members were said to have celebrated the Sallah with friends, relations and neighbours, after which the man invited the guests to attend the house warming the next day.
Neighbours and relations besieged the residence of the deceased family as early as 7am to felicitate with them.
But they were surprised that despite repeated knocks on the door, nobody came out to attend to them.
All efforts to gain entry to find out what happened were abortive, as both the door and windows were locked, a report said.
The neighbours were anxious, a situation which made them to force the door open.
The Divisional Police Officer of Atiba Police Station, Sadiq Maye, confirmed the incident.
Maybe said the five family members died of generator fumes, which they inhaled while asleep.
Maye said their bodies had been deposited at the State Hospital mortuary in Oyo.