FG denies closing Shagamu end of Lagos-Ibadan expressway

Next Story

Why Toure has no chance of Man City return despite public apology

According to reports, the Federal Government has denied closing the Shagamu end of the Lagos-Ibadan Expressway as being speculated by the populace.

Lagos-Ibadan-Expressway

This follows the panic of traffic build-up along the Lagos-Ibadan expressway as a result of alleged “closure” of the road.

A statement from the Federal Ministry of Power, Works and Housing on Friday said it was only a diversion of traffic on the road and not total closure.

The statement issued by Mr. Hakeem Bello, Special Adviser, Communications to the Minister of Power, Works and Housing said Julius Berger Nigeria Plc, the contractors handling the road, only diverted the Lagos-bound side, from Shagamu interchange to Kilometre 37, to the Ibadan-bound side to enable it lay final layer of asphalt wearing course on the Lagos side.

READ Archive:   PDP blasts EFCC for freeing Buhari’s friend while confining Metuh

The Statement said contrary to the Traffic Advisory on a “closure” attributed to the Federal Road Safety Commission (FRSC), the diversion was necessary to enable Julius Berger use the double finishers at the same time, thereby avoiding cold joints.

While urging motorists to be patient and tolerant in order to ensure orderly traffic management, the Statement said the company had promised to carry out the job quickly in order to reopen the side of the road on which the diversion had been effected.

READ Archive:   I will not play politics with Bayelsa security – Dickson vows

2 thoughts on “FG denies closing Shagamu end of Lagos-Ibadan expressway

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *