Military debunks ISIS claim of Boko Haram killing 40 troops

Next Story

Two Deadly Robbers Arrested After Their Victim Caught Them Drinking At A Joint (Photo)

Nigerian Military Authority have debunk recent claims by the Islamic State militant, ISIS, in a statement issued saying that members of Boko Haram Sect killed 40 of the military troops in an ambush in Mallam Fatori, northern Borno.

Nigerian-Army-Col.-Sani-Usman

Ag. Director of Army Public Relations, (DAPR), Col Sani Usman, debunk the claim saying it was not true.

ISIS had in a statement earlier this month said that it had killed more than 40 troops from a coalition force in northeast Nigeria.

ISIS’s West Africa Province, otherwise known as Boko Haram, claimed that it had destroyed “a convoy of the African Coalition Crusader forces” in the town of Malam Fatori in Borno State, according to SITE Intelligence Group.

READ Archive:   Kanu will no longer accept food scrutinize by DSS - IPOB

ISIS statement claimed the attack resulted in killing more than 40 and wounding dozens of troops from both Nigeria and also the coalition force battling insurgents in northeast Nigeria, which includes Chad, Cameroon and Niger.

The affiliate made the claim through a statement posted on social media. It did not say when the attack occurred nor which specific countries had lost soldiers.

Usman in a statement on Wednesday in Abuja said the troops of Operation GAMA AIKI, troops of Operation LAFIYA DOLE and Multinational Joint Task Force have captured Mallam Fatori in northern part of Borno State after a fierce battle closely covered by air operations.

READ Archive:   Jonathan’s N700m almajiri schools too expensive to run – Adamawa government

The statement said troops killed several of the Boko Haram terrorists in the resulting encounter and subsequently had to withdraw to a vantage position.

Usman said the terrorists however reinforced around border with Niger Republic while the troops were consolidating on their success adding that the Operation is still in progress.

6 thoughts on “Military debunks ISIS claim of Boko Haram killing 40 troops

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *