Moses, Success out of Nigeria World Cup qualifier

Next Story

19-year-old Bride Wears 175,000 Pounds Dress, Showered with Gold (Photos)

Nigeria have been dealt a major injury blow after Chelsea forward Victor Moses and Watford’s Isaac Success were ruled out of Sunday’s World Cup qualifier in Zambia.

Image result for Moses, Success out of Nigeria World Cup qualifier

Officials disclosed both players have withdrawn from the away game in Ndola after their English clubs reported they were injured.

Nigeria coach Gernot Rohr has replaced the players with two strikers from the domestic league – Godwin Obaje of Wikki Tourists and Chisom Egbuchulam from newly-crowned champions Enugu Rangers, the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) announced Monday.

Moses, playing a new role as a wing-back, was man of the match for Chelsea in a 2-0 win at Hull City on Saturday, but he said his hamstrings will have to be assessed by his London club.

READ Archive:   Alex Iwobi ‘proud’ of rise through Arsenal ranks

Success, 20, was set to honour his first Super Eagles call-up after he scored his first Premier League goal at the weekend at home against Bournemouth. But Watfdord said he had been withdrawn “as a precaution due to a knock”.

4 thoughts on “Moses, Success out of Nigeria World Cup qualifier

  1. We must realise that qualification for 2018 world cup games is a must for Nigeria. We therefore must not leave any stone unturned in the quest to qualify. Good luck Nigeria

    Like (0)
    Dislike (0)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *