• Man Gets Electrocuted by High Voltage in Delta Community After Years of Blackout (Photo+Video)

    Man Gets Electrocuted by High Voltage in Delta Community After Years of Blackout (Photo+Video)

    A family from Ubulu-Uku in Delta State has been thrown into a state of mourning after an electrical fault resulted in the death of their son after many years of blackout.

    A man has tragically lost his life after getting electrocuted as a result of high voltage power which shattered electrical appliances in his house. The incident happened in a community in Delta State.

    The community which has been without light for six years were left in mourning after when the man […]

  • Tears Flow as Electricity Worker Gets Electrocuted in Broad Daylight Kano (Photos)

    Tears Flow as Electricity Worker Gets Electrocuted in Broad Daylight Kano (Photos)

    In what will come across as a really heartbreaking development, an electricity worker has been killed on duty.

    This is the moment an electricity worker in Kano was photographed after he was electrocuted.

    The man identified as Usaini Usman, a 37 year old official of the Kano Electricity Distribution Company [KERDCO], was electrocuted while disconnecting an electricity cable in Kano.

    The event occurred today August 19th.

    Usaini reportedly lost his life after his head made contact with a high tension power line at the […]

  • DISCO staff electrocuted in Kwara

    DISCO staff electrocuted in Kwara

    A technical staff with the lbadan Electricity Distribution Company in llorin, Kwara State was electrocuted on Thursday evening.

    Eyewitnesses told the News Agency of Nigeria in llorin that the deceased, Rasheed Garna, was electrocuted while carrying out repair work on a damaged breaker in llorin.

    The eyewitnesses said the incident happened at the lBEDC transmission station at the Sawmill area of llorin.

    Scores of sympathisers were sighted at the residence of the deceased located at Egbejila in Ilorin.

    Some of his neighbours, who spoke […]

  • Thief electrocuted on PHCN poll in Kaduna (photos)

    Thief electrocuted on PHCN poll in Kaduna (photos)

    They say everyday na for the thief, one day na for the owner. The man was electrouted this afternoon in Kaduna state opposite station market, Eye-witnesses claim he came to steal PHCN transformers when he was electrocuted after climbing the poll. See photos below:

    They say everyday na for the thief, one day na for the owner. The man was electrouted this afternoon in Kaduna state opposite station market, Eye-witnesses claim he came to steal PHCN transformers when he […]

  • Abandoned wire electrocutes A 15-yrs old pupil

    Abandoned wire electrocutes A 15-yrs old pupil

    A 15-year-old resident of Ishaga Road in the Idi-Araba area of Lagos State, Afusat Musa, has been electrocuted by a live wire that was partially disconnected by officials of Eko Electricity Distribution Company.

    About four officials were said to have stormed the neighbourhood penultimate Tuesday, around 2pm, and disconnected wires from houses, whose residents had yet to pay their bills.

    ADELOVE learnt that the wire cut from a storey building was, however, abandoned on the roof of a mosque near the building, […]

  • So Sad: Okada Rider Electrocuted In Otukpo, Benue State (Graphic Pic)

    So Sad: Okada Rider Electrocuted In Otukpo, Benue State (Graphic Pic)

    The incident happened on Thursday morning, September 24. He fell into a puddle of water on the road, close to a poorly insulated electric pole & was immediately electrocuted.

    The two passengers he was carrying were however unharmed. See the graphic pic below:

                  

  • Body of UNILAG Electrocuted Student moves to Enugu in preparation for her burial

    Body of UNILAG Electrocuted Student moves to Enugu in preparation for her burial

    A social-wake was yesterday held at the Okota, Lagos residence, of Chief Basil Anekwe, father of the 300 level Accountancy student of the University of Lagos, Oluchi Anekwe, who was electrocuted last Tuesday while on her way to her on-campus apartment. This is just as the body of the deceased had been taken to her home town in Igbo-Etiti Local Government Area of Enugu, with preparation for burial in the pipeline.

    Her devastated father who spoke with Newsmen, described the incident […]

  • See Photos of the first class UNILAG student who was electrocuted yesterday

    See Photos of the first class UNILAG student who was electrocuted yesterday

    This is Oluchi Anekwe, the University of Lagos student who was electrocuted in front of Sodeinde hall in the campus yesterday September 8th. Oluchi was a first class 300l student of Accounting.

    Eyewitnesses say Oluchi was walking on the road when the high tension cable fell and landed on her head.

    She was rushed to the Lagos State Teaching Hospital LUTH where she was confirmed dead. Quite sad! I can imagine what her family will be going through. May her soul rest […]

  • SAD: Man Electrocuted In Ebonyi

    SAD: Man Electrocuted In Ebonyi

    A man in his middle age, Jonathan Agwu was weekend electrocuted at Agba Abor Isu in Onicha local government area of the State.
    Report gathered that the victim was electrocuted when he went to jumper a high tension KVA line that was isolated by Enugu Electricity Distribution Company, EDDC even as he joined the engineers trace were there was fault.

    Speaking on the incident, the Public Relations Officer of EDDC in Ebonyi, Mr. Lazarus Chiedozie Onyearugbulam stressed that the victim was not […]