An early morning fire yesterday razed a building at No. 5, Aborishade Close, Lawanson area of Lagos State and burnt an octogenarian, Mr. Godwin Oyia, to death.
The incident, sources say was caused by an electric device used for boiling water popularly called ‘boiling ring’, which was left unattended to, in the deceased’s room.
Emergency workers drawn from the state fire service and the Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) finally put out the wild fire.
Confirming the incident, LASEMA General Manager, Mr. […]