A Senior Advocate of Nigeria, Ahmed Raji, and counsel to the detained former National Security Adviser, retired Colonel Mohammed Sambo Dasuki, has taken the Federal Government to task on the purported offer granted Dasuki to allow him travel to Sokoto to attend the burial of his late father and 18th Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Ibrahim Dasuki, who was buried on Tuesday.
The counsel who spoke with the judiciary journalists at the FCT High Court, Abuja, said that the purported offer was […]
Minister of Interior, Retired Lt.-Gen. Abdulrahman Danbazau, said former National Security Adviser, retired Col. Sambo Dasuki, on Monday declined an offer to visit his late father, Ibrahim Dasuki, in an Abuja hospital.
Similarly, Danbazau said Sambo had declined another offer to be in Sokoto throughout the mourning of his Father.
The Minister disclosed this while addressing newsmen in Sokoto on Tuesday.
”We had discussed with the Director-General, DSS, yesterday and Sambo was offered to visit his late father on his hospital bed in […]
Indications emerged yesterday that former minister of state for Defence, Musiliu Obanikoro may spend more time with the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) as his offer to pay back N100 million to government coffers was reportedly rejected.
Obanikoro had earlier dared the anti-graft agency who declared him wanted on allegations that he used a company, Sylvan Mac Namara, owned by his sons, to siphon N4.68 billion from the Office of the National Security Adviser (ONSA), under retired Col. Sambo Dasuki.
President Muhammadu Buhari on Wednesday regretted that the 21 Chibok girls who were released from the captivity of Boko Haram insurgents last Thursday had seen the worst the world had to offer.
He said it was now time for them to experience the best that the world could offer them.
Buhari spoke while receiving the released girls and their parents at the Presidential Villa, Abuja.
“These dear daughters of ours have seen the worst that the world has to offer. It is now […]
According to reports, the health of one of the school children kidnapped by gunmen at Igbonla Model College, Epe, Lagos has reportedly deteriorated, as the kidnappers have rejected the offer of N750, 000 ransom offered by the parents.
The kidnappers had insisted on the sum of N1 million before he could be released.
Reports said the victim had fallen ill after a down pour on Saturday, forcing the kidnappers to order his family to pay any amount to release him for treatment.
According to reports, the Regional Manager Africa, United Kingdom Education Advisory Service, Bukky Awofisayo, has said that the recession and foreign exchange challenge being experienced in the country has propelled over 50 foreign universities to give prospective Nigerian students an easier payment plan and the possibility of fee reduction.
Awofisayo said this in a statement ahead of its international education expo in the country.
According to her, prospective students and their parents will have an opportunity to discuss the possibility of free […]
No fewer than 3,000 people have benefitted from the free medical services provided by the Nigerian Army at the sidelines of the ongoing Chief of Army Staff quarterly Conference in Makurdi.
The services provided during the exercise were; free consultation and counseling, general check-up, blood tests and blood pressure measurement.
Others were; ear examination and treatment, eye test and treatment, free prescription glasses, dental examination and treatment, and de-worming of children.
Speaking with newsmen at one of the venues of the outreach in […]
Watford have turned down a £38 million (N14 billion) offer for their striker, Odion Ighalo, from the free-spending Shanghai SIPG.
The Chinese club broke their transfer record this week when they signed Hulk from Zenit St Petersburg for £46.1 million but they are unlikely to add Ighalo to their squad after Watford’s refusal to even consider the offer.
Ighalo scored 17 goals in 42 appearances last season and has been linked with a move away from the club but the owner, Giampaolo […]
Liverpool owners Fenway Sports Group (FSG) ignored a takeover bid from Chinese consortium The Sinofortone Group back in February, according to reports.
The letter of interest, for a bid in the region of £700 million (after the club was valued at £650m in the latest Forbes figures), received no response from the Boston-based owners and no further contact has been made as Sinofortone officials were shocked at the lack of dialogue over their offer.
The Sinofortone group specialise in “infrastructure and equity […]
The Ogun State Police Command has offered a reward of five million Naira to anyone with useful information that could lead to the rescue of the abducted Senator Iyabo Anisulowo.
This offer was communicated by the Public Relations Officer of the Ogun State Police Command, Mr Muyiwa Adejobi in Abeokuta, the state capital.
The command has however debunked media report of 200 million Naira being demanded by the abductors, saying nothing of such has been communicated by her abductors
Senator Iyabo Anisulowo was […]
Popular fuji artiste, Saheed Osupa, is loved by many especially for his talent when it comes to fuji music. But most people may not know the singer would probably have been in the US Marine if he didn’t decline the offer when it was presented to him just because of his love for music.
He said, “For me, music is a natural talent.
If you have it in you, then you have to nurture it. When I was in America, I was […]