Teenage Girl’s Bedroom Destroyed After Charging her iPhone Overnight (Photos)

Next Story

Apple Is Reportedly Exploring iPhone Production In the U.S.

A teenage girl’s bedroom has been totally destroyed in an inferno which occurred when she left her iPhone charging overnight.

burnt-house-from-iphone-1

burnt-house-from-iphone-2

burnt-house-from-iphone-3
A 15-year-old teenage girl, Caitlin Rae Durant, from north Wales, was forced to flee for her life and escaped from a blaze after her iPhone charger sparked a major fire which burnt her bedroom to ashes as the inferno destroyed all her possessions.

According to a shocking report by newsmen, Caitlin’s charger was a genuine Apple product, but it was left on overnight with the phone resting on her covers, causing it to overheat and as a result, the entire room was engulfed in flames.

READ Archive:   Detained Austrian sues EFCC, demands $10m as damages

The images of the teen girl’s destroyed bedroom which was released by Fire Chiefs, show how the girl’s bedroom was left strewn with ashes and there was severe smoke damage on the rest of the floor of the family home at Morfa Bychan, near Porthmadog.

Speaking to news reporters, Stuart Millington, senior fire safety manager at North Wales Police, who warned that the incident demonstrated how quickly fires can spread, gave out a list of advice and said:

‘Turn chargers off and unplug them before you go to bed. Never leave items on charge or unattended for long periods.’

READ Archive:   Lady's Lips Mysteriously Grows Triple in Size After Using a 'Fake' Lipstick (Photos)

The girl’s mother, Gemma said her home is wrecked and they face six months in a rented home. ‘Everything upstairs, my other daughters room and the office has also been destroyed due to heat, smoke and water damage, nothing can be saved.

‘Downstairs has been flooded due to the volume of water that had to be pumped in to extinguish the fire, everything has suffered smoke damage.

‘At the moment we’re waiting to see if the experts think some items down stairs can be saved if professionally cleaned and restored.

‘My point is, although the fire was contained to one room the after effects are enormous, we may well have lost almost all of our possessions. The house will have to be ripped apart top to bottom, we will not be able to get back into our home for up to six months.

READ Archive:   Red Carpet moments from the 2016 MTV VMAs

‘Thank you to everyone that has been in touch today sending their love, offers of help and clothes for kids, it’s been amazing how many people have thought of us today,’ she said.

2 thoughts on “Teenage Girl’s Bedroom Destroyed After Charging her iPhone Overnight (Photos)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *