Here are six easy and outstanding points you must follow holistically if you want to stop being horny and thinking about masturbation.
If you’re horny, you have s*x. If you have no partner, you masturbate.
Here’s six quick hacks to stop being horny when these aren’t an option in the moment.
Feeling horny is a natural body response we all know so well. All people experience it—even those people who claim they are asexual like Sheldon Cooper. We feel these s*xual urges because of our biological impulse to proliferate our species. And the far simpler reason, s*x is so damn good. However, s*x and masturbation are not always a viable or appropriate solution whenever your s*xual urges catch you off guard. So what can you do to stop being horny?
The downside of being horny all the time
Being horny and turned on is good if you’re about to get laid. Other than that it merely serves as a distraction and forces you to become sexually frustrated. People need to fight off s*xual urges at times when it starts intruding in your life by:
*Putting you off your concentration at work or school.
*Stress – you can’t feel relaxed when you don’t have s*x or masturbate.
*Relationship problems – constantly demanding s*x from your partner puts a strain on your relationship.
*Being preoccupied with releasing your sexual tension.
*Becoming addicted to porn or masturbating.
Quick hacks to calm your urges
There are things we can do when we need to stop being horny and can’t use s*x or masturbation. These five quick hacks help calm it all down.
1. Take a shower. The old wives’ tale goes: when in heat, take a dip. However, the effect of a cold shower against horniness varies for each individual. Some say it helps calm them down. Some say it’s “meh,” and a few believe that it’s actually counter-productive as standing wet, n*ked, and caressing yourself all over invites more of those urges in. Still, it’s worth a try.
Efficacy rating: 50%
2. Exercise. Someone leaning towards Freudian psychology or even New Age philosophy would tell you that getting strong sexual urges is the effect of pent up s*xual energy that needs release. And of course, the perfect way to release it is by way of a strenuous physical activity none other than sexual intercourse.
But instead of intercourse, divert that energy by doing other forms of exercise. So the next time you feel horny, jump into your tracksuit and do twenty laps, hit the gym, or pour it all out on the punching bag. This helps you release that tension and distract your brain from your other urges. And you’ll be too tired after anyway.
Efficacy rating: 80%
3. Change your diet. Just how aphrodisiacs supposedly increase your libido, certain foodstuffs do the opposite when you consume them. However, take note that these don’t work like medication that takes effect an hour later. You might need to gradually incorporate these into your diet if you feel you’re oversexed.
*Carbonated drinks – drinks with more sugar than water in its formula make you dehydrated and feeling less pleasant than normal. So if you feel horny, chug a little bit of the drink that Men’s Health keeps warning you of.
*Canned foods – high levels of sodium and potassium to keep these canned foods somewhat fresh not only guarantees to make you lose your sex drive, it also makes a man’s spunk taste horrible.
*Soy and cheese – soybean products are a major source of phytoestrogen while cheese gives off a large amount of xenoestrogen. What do they do? They screw up your hormonal balance which manages your libido. So if you want to stop being horny, become a vegetarian.
*Fats and oils – good old grease may taste good, but it also floods the body with a lot of free radicals screwing up the body’s hormonal balance. Feeling horny? Treat yourself to a good double bacon cheeseburger.
*Alcohol and coffee – combine both in some sort of a speedball and you instantly get limp. Alcohol is often thought to be a form of aphrodisiac, but it actually does otherwise. It screws up your mental state and s*x drive.
Efficacy rating: 89% but use at your own risk.
4. Kill the mood with anything counter-erotic. People, sometimes you get horny because kinky thoughts run through your mind. Just like bad sex, you can put your urges at bay by doing stuff that usually kill the mood for you when you’re about to go at it.
*Watch, read, or listen to comedy – laughter is good except in the bedroom. Watching your favorite sitcom realigns your focus away from sex.
*Or you can choose something more depressing – we’ve been depressed at some point in our life. And one thing for sure is s*x is the last thing you’ll be worried about when you’re feeling blue. Watch a good drama or just be reminded of your bad breakup. The brain parts that function when you’re depressed shuts off the other parts making you horny.
*Even scary stuff – a quick jump scare scene definitely deflates your boner. Try it.
Efficacy rating: 70-80%
5. Physical Pain. I’m not saying you should hurt yourself, but we’re just letting you know experiencing physical pain would definitely whisk that horniness away. Unless you are a masochist, that is. It may feel silly just imagining it but if you don’t mind giving yourself a pinch or a slap *and if you’re desperate enough* give it a try.
Efficacy rating: 40%
6. Meditation. Feeling horny is a state of mind as much as it is a bodily function. And as Buddhism teaches, one can control desires and urges by practicing mental discipline through meditation. You don’t need to practice Buddhism altogether. The basic requirement for meditation is simply a quiet and peaceful space where you empty your mind and let go of your desires.
Efficacy rating: 75%
Being horny is a good thing, but it should learn to know its place. Holding off on s*x or masturbation may not always work, so follow these outlets to turn s*xual tension into positive energy.