It has been revealed that Watford striker, Isaac Success, stayed away from the Super Eagles camp ahead of this Sunday’s 2018 World Cup qualifier, after he was asked to buy his flight ticket.
Officials of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF), had told players based abroad to arrange their flights, promising to refund them.
But Success is reported to have been ‘disgusted’ by the request and told the NFF that he was injured and ‘could not talk’.
An official told AfricanFootball.com: “The boy asked about his flight ticket to Abuja and when he was told to buy it and he will get a refund on arrival, he was disgusted and preferred to stay away.”
Speaking on Tuesday, NFF president, Amaju Pinnick, told the Senate Sports Committee, that “80% of them complied” with the order to buy their tickets.
Success is yet to play for the Super Eagles, despite representing Nigeria at the U-17 and U-20 levels.
He also pulled out of the U-23 AFCON in Senegal last year.
The NFF is reportedly set to ban him and Victor Moses.